From early October we shall be contacting all our customers to collate information and make preparations in advance of the end of the year. As much information as can be provided and entered into our system now will help calm the processes come the New Year.
Keeping it simple, the main considerations are as follows:
- Obtain a UK EORI number
- Tell us if you want us to act as your Customs Intermediary
- If you do, complete a Direct representation form and submit it to us
- If you don’t, inform us who will be performing your customs requirements
- Advise us if any of your products are subject to additional controls
- Review your Incoterms with you customers and suppliers. Be wary of DDP, and consider EXW or FCA
- Send us a list of all products with HS classification codes
- Check that your export commercial invoices will contain the required information
- For Imports, register for Postponed VAT Accounting and consider a Duty Deferment Account
- Ensure you have checked your EU supplier has an EU EORI number and can undertake their export customs process and advise us of this
As anything else comes out of the woodwork, it shall be added. In any event, do not hesitate to contact us.