Capital of Portugal, Lisbon houses 27% of Portugal’s population. So it is little surprise that we had to find the right partner to represent us. For many years we have worked with several companies (and still do to some extent), each providing us with their own specialist service.
Whilst this had worked in the short term, it was necessary to engage with a true commercial partner to cement development for the long term. So in May 2014 we formed a commercial relationship with SDV Lisbon, later to become part of the Bolloré group.
Our freight services to and from Lisbon
In addition to the regular line trailers of Tuesday and Friday which serve Lisbon directly, we also provide additional export departures which make direct deliveries to some strategic locations in South West Spain on approach to Lisbon.
Delivering directly on trailer to key industrial areas such as Caceres, Merida & Badajoz en route can be achieved without delaying arrival into Lisbon, whilst at the same time provide shorter transit times for such locations.
- We provide a minimum twice-weekly road freight service to and from Lisbon, serving the regions primary areas including Setubal, Sines, Sintra, and northwards up the coast as far as Leiria and Coimbra. Departures are Tuesday and Friday in each direction
- Transit times between UK and Lisbon depots are usually 4 days
- From Lisbon, we also serve Madeira & the Azores directly, twice-weekly to Madeira and weekly to the Azores
- Additional services are also available to Cape Verde
- Dual temperature facilities on site at Lisbon with temperature controlled domestic vehicles delivering throughout all of Portugal within 24 hours from a single pallet up to a full load
- Dangerous goods services on all departures
There is a widespread range of commodities which we transport to and from Lisbon; for example, we export chemicals, garments, ships spares, and also animal feeds, whilst in reverse we import shoes, pharmaceuticals, stone, tiles, foodstuffs, and even beer.
Our partner in Lisbon
Since May 2014, our partner in Lisbon has been enter SDV Lisbon, now re-branded as part of the Bolloré group. Different from many of our other European partners in that they are a branch of a global group, but similar in that they operate like an independent company responsible for their own direct daily services to most European countries.
For further information visit their website although being a large group website, it takes some navigating!
← Go Back to Portugal