The South East of Spain is one of Spain’s most important regions. The areas primary exports are foodstuffs and beverages, ceramic tiles, furniture, textiles and iron products to name but a few. One of our largest exports to Valencia is chemicals, in particular fertilisers which protect the crops grown locally and in the surrounding areas of Murcia. A substantial amount of the crops grown in this region end up on our supermarket shelves. Valencia is also an important seaport, being the largest in the Mediterranean, and the second largest of Spain in terms of total throughput.
For this reason we decided that, in order to increase our coverage of Spain, we needed to offer direct services to and from Valencia, which would enable us to provide better transit times to and from the surrounding key areas; Castellon, Alicante, and Murcia to name but a few.
Working closely with our partners in the region, Moldtrans Group, in January 2014 we commenced our twice-weekly export and import groupage service to and from Valencia.
Our freight services to Valencia and the South East
As with Barcelona, we also utilise Valencia as a transit hub for some of our road freight services to the Balearic Islands, consisting of Majorca (Mallorca), Minorca (Menorca), Ibiza and Formentera. During the summer months our partners load up to ten trailers per day to these holiday destinations which includes some of our UK exports which transship at their depot.
- Our export road freight service to Valencia is at least twice-weekly, leaving every Tuesday and Friday
- Our import road freight service from Valencia likewise is at least twice-weekly, also leaving every Tuesday and Friday
- ADR and temperature-controlled facilities are available on most departures, export or import
- Transit times vary between 3-5 days depending on the particular origin and destination
- Express dedicated van services are also available when standard service isn’t quick enough
Our Partner in Valencia
Our partner in Valencia is Moldtrans Group which was established in 1979. It is completely Spanish owned, and is one of the leading companies within the Spanish logistics industry. With 10 offices strategically placed within the Iberian Peninsula, including more recently Las Palmas and Gran Canaria, their extensive Spanish distribution services optimise transit times and cost. For more information about the Moldtrans Group, visit their website at www.moldtrans.com.
← Go Back to Spain