Assuming that you have decided to use Ital Logistics as your Customs Intermediary, having completed a ‘Direct Representation’ letter, below is the expected procedure for a simple permanent export to the EU.
- On receipt of your booking, in addition to when and where to collect the goods from, we would receive the customs information required to prepare a customs declaration which should comprise of at least the following:
- Exporter and Importer details
- Description of goods
- Packaging details
- Weights, gross and net
- Sales Value and Currency for each type of goods
- Country of Origin
- EORI number (export and importer)
- HS Classification Code(s) (Commodity Code)
- Customs Procedure Code
- You should also provide a Commercial Invoice(s) and Packing List(s)
- We would then enter these details into our system and submit the data, including the commercial invoice (and packing list if applicable) via API to CustomsPro for review and submission to HMRC
- If they receive ‘Route 6’, giving permission to proceed (P2P), we will be sent back a copy of the entry (EAD) which features a unique Movement Reference Number (MRN)
- If they receive ‘Route 1’ (request for documentation), as long as they have the commercial invoice on file, they will submit seamlessly and eventually (hopefully) get P2P, sending us a copy of the entry as per above
- If they receive ‘Route 2’ (on site examination), then the goods must stay put awaiting further information from HMRC reference potential inspection
If you, or a third party acting as your Customs Intermediary, wish to prepare your own customs declarations, we will need to know this at the time of the booking, or in advance by a standard agreement. So the expected procedure would be a little different, as follows:
- On receipt of your booking (or by prior ‘standard’ agreement), you confirm who will be performing your export customs declaration.
- You should also provide the Commercial Invoice(s) and Packing List(s)
- We would then note that you or a third party shall be acting on your behalf
- We would need to receive a copy of the entry (EAD) which features a unique Movement Reference Number (MRN) whereupon we will check that it has been given permission to proceed (P2P)
As far as you are concerned, it’s as simple as that. Well, ‘sort of’. We have a bit more to do, mm, actually a lot more… But you don’t need to worry about that!