Lyon is France’s third largest city after Paris and Marseille, and the second largest metropolitan area after Paris. It is also where our road freight services into France began back in 2016.
A key area in France for several reasons; on one hand there is the fact that Lyon has a strong chemical sector, and on the other, it is where the road forks left for Italy and right to Spain, both factors vitally important and well suited to the core services which Ital Logistics provides.
Our freight services to Lyon
Our service to Lyon is fast and efficient. With a transit time of around 48 hours from our depot to Lyon for groupage and part-loads, we are confident that this level of service can compare with, if not better, our French competitors. From Lyon, our partner distributes freight by road to the regions primary areas including Macon, Valence, Grenoble, Saint Etienne and southwards to the coast as far as Avignon, Nice and Montpellier.
- We provide a minimum twice-weekly service every Tuesday and Friday to Lyon
- All deliveries within Lyon’s proximity are handled on our partners own equipment, all of which can carry dangerous goods, with most having tail-lifts
- Additionally, our partners consolidate freight daily from Lyon to Corsica meaning we can provide frequent road freight services to the key towns in Corsica such as Ajaccio, Bastia and Bonifacio
- From Lyon we are able to provide cross trade services throughout Europe and beyond
- Transit times between our Manchester and Lyon depots are usually 2 days
- ADR and Temperature-Controlled services are available on most departures
Whilst relatively new, having commenced officially in January 2016, it will follow the same philosophy to which the Company has prided itself on from inception – to provide a reliable and personalised service with openness, honesty and integrity. Many of our competitors speak these very same words, how true they are is only ascertained by one’s own experience.
Our partner in Lyon
Our partner in Lyon is Fatton Transports, whose headquarters are in Villeurbanne on the periphery of Lyon. Founded in 1909, Fatton is a family owned company employing around 500 people across 15 offices located throughout France, 7 of which are involved in European groupage markets. A further 16 outposts throughout the rest of the world complement their worldwide presence.
For further information visit their website at www.fatton.com.
← Go Back to France